Playing just one sport year round can limit an athletes competitive experiences and overall athletic training. But we know volleyball players are passionate about the game and want to continue to get touches year round. If you are looking to improve your game this summer we encourage you to check out sand volleyball.
There are many benefits of playing sand volleyball that will improve your indoor game. Here are just a few:
• Helps you with your all around game - with only two players on the court, you have to be able to pass, set and hit the ball.
• Forces you to work on your weaknesses, and not rely on your strengths.
• You will find out the true meaning of "laying out" for a for a ball. Many times in indoor, a player is hesitant to fully lay out and instead collapses. Sand gives you the confidence to truly launch forward when diving for a ball.
• More deceptive as a blocker.
• Strength and conditioning gains, assuming you spend the same amount of time on hard court and on sand, you'll end up stronger and more fit.
Check out what John Kessel, USA Volleyball Director of Education, says about sand volleyball:
"The beach game is GREAT for improving your indoor skills / game.Whatever your weaknesses are, you get to work on them a ton. Unlike the 6 person game, you touch the ball every rally, and with just two of you covering the court , you learn to read and anticipate much better. Dealing with the sun and wind helps you be more adaptable. Player height is less important outdoors–ball control and skill is more important ... Most top level coaches encourage their players to play as much as they can on the beach ...”
Click here to learn more about Premier's Summer Sand Tournaments or email us about our Sand Conditioning Program.
Have a Great summer!!!